[mythtv-users] optimize_mythdb.pl (was Re: 0.19 Program Guide slowness...)

Jack Lowry jrlowry376 at adelphia.net
Fri Feb 24 21:00:31 UTC 2006

Todd Hutchinson wrote:

>Thanks everyone--but, this did not seem to solve my
>problem.
>
>Here are my results for the time to load the listings
>page on mythweb:
>
>Before running optimize_mythdb.pl: 27s
>After running optimze_mythdb.pl in contrib: 27s
>After adding analyze and running mythdb.pl: 27s
>After adding the following to /etc/my.cnf: 12s
>   key_buffer = 48M
>   max_allowed_packet = 8M
>   table_cache = 128
>   sort_buffer_size = 48M
>   net_buffer_length = 8M
>   thread_cache_size = 4
>   query_cache_type = 1
>   query_cache_size = 4M
>
>With the settings in my.cnf, if I click listings a
>second time, it only takes 5s to load.

I applied the above change to /etc/my.cnf and rebooted.
 I see a significant change in bringing up the listings for about 150
channels on my duron 950 with 256Mb ram. Before the change is was 30
seconds, after the change it was 20 seconds.

I'm a little suspicous that I've introduced an inconsistancy in my
timing of bringing up recorded progams. Before the change it was 1
minute 55 seconds after it's 10 seconds.
This one I'm gonna have to test again.