[mythtv-users] Cell phone (was More problems than it's worth?)

Michael Link linkmic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 20:48:01 UTC 2006

There are 2 versions of Opera for cell phones.

The "full" Opera browser, a complete web browser for mobile phones
that is based on the same core as the Opera desktop browser. Available
for many smart phone models, either shipping pre-installed or for
download.

Opera Mini is a Java midlet, under 100KB in size that can be used to
surf the Internet on any Java mobile. The heavy lifting is done on the
server. Opera Mini renders content in the same way, but does not
support JavaScript or DOM on the device. Can be downloaded by SMS or
pointing the phone's WAP browser to http://mini.opera.com

Both browsers support full HTML, so there should be no reason to have
to use WML.

Look forward to trying MythWeb on my phone over the weekend.

/michael