[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.19 on XBox

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 18:33:18 UTC 2006

On 2/24/06, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am I right in thinking that xfedora trashes the whole F: partition so
> that you can't use the space on that for anything else? I was kinda
> hoping for a more minimal install cos I want to use that ohter space
> for games etc.

There is a "loopback partition install method" that runs similar to
Xebian. Specifically, it installs  a series of files on the HDD and
then you 'launch' XFedora by running the default.xbe file much like an
XBox game.  This would allow you to continue to use your XBox for
games as well as homebrew apps like XBMC.

I fiddled around with this late last year, but didn't want to commit
to reformatting my XBox HDD at that time to get it to work.  The
loopback-fs method might work better now.