[mythtv-users] Update: "Internal" MythDVD not working

Ronald Pijnacker pijnacker at dse.nl
Fri Feb 24 18:15:06 UTC 2006

> > Yesterday I was trying to get the internal player for MythDVD running.
> > I change the DVD Player Command field to say: Internal. However, after
> > that the only thing happening when I hit "Play DVD" was the screen
> > going black for a brief moment and coming back to the DVD menu.
> I have a similar problem and was going to post about it. I hope you find a
> solution. I don't have mythvideo installed and wonder if that matters.

Today I made some progress...
After running ./configure on an updated 0.19-fixes, I noticed that it said
no to use internal dvd player. It turns out that I did not have libdvdnav installed.
After fixing that, the internal dvd player is indeed trying to access the dvd driver,
but is still failing.
One DVD I tried is an original. I get the following logging on this one:

libdvdnav: RANDOM or SHUFFLE titles are NOT handled yet.
libdvdnav: RANDOM or SHUFFLE titles are NOT handled yet.
2006-02-24 19:01:32.052 Realtime priority would require SUID as root.
2006-02-24 19:01:32.054 TV: Changing from None to WatchingPreRecorded
2006-02-24 19:01:32.196 DVDNAV_STOP

After which the dvd stops playing.
The other DVD is home-made. It seems that libdvdcss has problems even recognizing
the correct file system structure on that one.

mplayer and xine were able to play the dvd's nicely.
Are these known problems with libdvdnav?
Or is it because the internal player is still in development?

	Ronald