[mythtv-users] More problems than it's worth?

Jeff volckaert jvolckaert at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 18:14:44 UTC 2006

I would like to add to the success stories as well.  For me, the biggest
investment was a $99 (on sale) PVR250 a few years ago.  I already had a 24/7
Linux box on my network and the internet.  It has been work at times keeping
it up-to-date especially IVTV from time to time.  I did have to buy a bigger
harddrive ($90 for 160GB) after the first year.  Just this last year my
PVR250 died and I had to buy a PVR150 to replace it.

Also, I use a MediaMVP as my frontend and just love it.  Very small and
totally quiet.  No commercial skip though, but they did just add Internet
Radio.

Also, when I find a good show I like I burn it to DVD and sometimes reencode
it for my Dell Axim.  Very nice to take it on vacation and have something to
watch at night after the kids are sleeping.

I have to say it is work at times, but it's VERY rewarding.  It's sort of
like fixing a problem on you car and saving yourself a few hundred $$$ bill.

Jeff