[mythtv-users] What is your video ouput card for your tv ?

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 16:23:21 UTC 2006

Cory Papenfuss wrote:
>> It seems to me, that you should be able to do this and us the
>> component input of a TV for instance.
>> Raphael
>>

>  	Yes, this can be done.  It's called a 'transcoder' in the A/V
> world.  Really, it's just implementing a RGB->YUV colorspace
> transformation in analog.  That's even easier to build than the AD724
> circuit.  All you need are three high-speed video amplifiers (think
> op-amps), and some resistors.  There are plans on the 'net for how to
> build those as well.

Cory,
Great information, very useful.  First I'm going to look at using the
AD724 and going over to svideo.  It seems a rule of thumb is the higher
frequency you get the more you want to consider surface mounting so
that's probably the route I'm going to go, well as far as I can with as
few long wires as possible, unless there's a demo board out there I can
get AD to give me for free for their 724, hehe.
>  	I haven't built one quite yet, as the tv I use only does 480i on
> the component input anyway.  Not too much improvement over the s-vid, so
> it hasn't been worth it.  When I get some more time (read: finish my
> degree),
;) they should give us a concurrent degree in mythtv I think.  It can be
easy, but you can really take it up a notch if you want, getting all the
various things working just right.  By the way, now that I have this
information out of you, I have no fear to tell you: I'm over here at UVA :)
Anyway, thanks again for this help.  I'm off to check up on the AD724
spec sheet.
Raphael