[mythtv-users] 0.19, XvMC, and Prebuffer pause

Steve Malenfant smalenfant at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 15:15:22 UTC 2006

I experienced a bit more yesterday on my system watching Americal Idol
(720p).  I had to increase my ring buffer way high (Near 30MB) and then I
started getting some smooth playback...  BUT!  I have to start mythfrontend
from the console, when the audio stutter I hit "alt-tab", wait for the
prebuffer to disappear and then "alt-tab".

Watching the show with my wife was fun... She would say my name, I would do
the alt-tab trick and the playback was smooth for a few minutes...  Idle at
40% with XvMC...

Not sure why the buffer can't smooth itself  out while plenty of juice is
still available from the CPU.

My 0.18 recording on 0.19 frontend works just fine with my ring buffer at
9400KB, 0.19 recordings just don't work properly.  I posted this
observiation as "*NVP: prebuffering pause (Only 0.19 recorded shows)", no
reply yet.*

Steve M.