[mythtv-users] XvMC other trouble

Jurgen Kramer gtm.kramer at inter.nl.net
Fri Feb 24 12:44:50 UTC 2006

I completely reverted back to the 7676 version of the nvidia driver to
see if XvMC would really work. When I try to use XvMC with mplayer to
test it out with:

mplayer -vo vxmc -vc ffmpeg12mc somefile.mpg

a only get the following errors:

[mpegvideo_xvmc @ 0x86b2c00]XvMCLoadQMatrix: Error: 2
[mpegvideo_xvmc @ 0x86b2c00]XvMCBeginSurface: Error: 2
Error while decoding frame!
aspect: Warning: no suitable new res found!
[mpegvideo_xvmc @ 0x86b2c00]XvMCLoadQMatrix: Error: 2
[mpegvideo_xvmc @ 0x86b2c00]XvMCBeginSurface: Error: 2
Error while decoding frame!
[mpegvideo_xvmc @ 0x86b2c00]XvMCLoadQMatrix: Error: 2
[mpegvideo_xvmc @ 0x86b2c00]XvMCBeginSurface: Error: 2
Error while decoding frame!
[mpegvideo_xvmc @ 0x86b2c00]XvMCLoadQMatrix: Error: 2

I have tried this with both

"XvmcUsesTextures" "1" and  "XvmcUsesTextures" "0"

(I have a 6200 which does not have an overlay AFAIK)

Although I don't really need XvMC to be working for Myth as I only have
SD it would be nice for lessen the CPU load while watching HD content
(P4 Celeron 2.6)..

Any clues?

Jurgen