[mythtv-users] ir-blaster/ir-receiver question

Chris Weisiger cweisiger at i-55.com
Fri Feb 24 04:45:21 UTC 2006

i purchased a pvr-350 and have tested it in windows xp for proper working.

i have my cable hooked up to my cable-in on my pvr-350..
and my cable BOX hooked up to my s-video in and audio in port
of my pvr-350.

I have one channel set to channel 3 so i can use my cable box
for channels that my pvr-350 can not handle on its own.

Now to the remote wire for the pvr-350...

I have a hard time understanding the ir-blaster information..
because I'll have to use one to control my cable box.

Can I use my wire for my remote that came with my pvr-350
to control my cable box, when hooked to my pvr-350?

or will I have to get some sort of usb powered one?