[mythtv-users] Question about Wiki

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Feb 23 19:04:39 UTC 2006

On Feb 23, 2006, at 11:02 AM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> Brian Wood wrote:
>> On Feb 23, 2006, at 7:48 AM, Tom Lichti wrote:
>>
>>> I found lots of people who had a similar problem, but none that
>>> mentioned permissions, so it seems like something that may be
>>> useful for
>>> the wiki. It's really more of a troubleshooting thing, but there
>>> isn't a
>>> 'Troubleshooting' category. Perhaps it could be added? Also, I'm not
>>> sure if it was a KnoppMyth/debian specific problem, but it could be
>>> useful for someone out there.
>>>

>> I agree, I'd like to see a "troubleshooting" category, perhaps
>> including what information should be included in any post requesting
>> help.
>>
> I think someone is already working on a kind of bug reporting
> template.

Well Bugzilla such do a good job for bugs, but what we're talking
about aren't really bugs for developers but "problems" for users.
Very little of what I see on the users list are "bugs" in the
conventional sense, and those that are may not be bugs in MythTV but
in some related driver or app.

A template a user could fill in with info about the system would make
it easy for someone trying to help to see what was going on, and
would help to prompt the user to provide info that he might not even
realize was needed.