[mythtv-users] Roku HD-1000

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 18:40:59 UTC 2006

On 2/23/06, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/23/06, Todd Ignasiak <ignasiak at gmail.com> wrote:

> me....

> > > Well, some more reading and I've found that the USB port is only
> > > 1.1....  Probably not fast enough to play DVDs anyway, so that pretty
> > > much knocks it out of my wish list...
> > >
> > > :-(
> > >
> > > --Yan
> > >
> > Yeah, I don't think DVD player replacement was ever one of the goals for
> > Roku.  In fact, it has a YPrPb pass-through, to allow you to  continue
> using
> > your standalone DVD player.     Although,  if you "rip" your DVDs to a
> file
> > server, then the Roku's network media player capabilties come into play
> (and
> > you can eliminate the annoying ads, warnings, remote lockouts, etc).
>

> I was unaware of the YPrPb pass-through on the Roku, does MythRoku
> support the pass-through?

I don't have the Roku device (yet), so I can't answer that for sure.   But,
MythRoku is just an app running on the Roku.  You can still use all the
Roku's picture and audio features, so I assume you can also still use the
pass-through.

Roku has a good user forum on their www site where I am sure you could get a
definitive answer.