[mythtv-users] Playing back MPEG-2 files with time stretching on XBox in 0.19

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 17:50:01 UTC 2006

I have a master backend running 0.19 with a PVR-250/PVR-500.  I watch
the recordings on an XBox remote frontend.  I notice that whenever I
playback recordings at 1.5X or higher, it seems to stutter with
prebuffering pauses every so often.  For now, I'm getting around this
by drastically decreasing the encoding rate for my recordings or
transcoding the recordings to a smaller file size.

When I was previously running 0.18 with a bttv card, I never had
stuttering problems.  At that time, the PVR-250 was a third tuner in a
slave backend, so it wasn't used that often... but I seem to remember
being able to playback the MPEG-2 files from the PVR-250 at 1.5X
without any stuttering.

Are any other users watching MPEG-2 recordings on an XBox with time
stretching and 0.19 noticing stuttering/pre-buffering pauses?

Thanks