[mythtv-users] 0.19, XvMC, and Prebuffer pause

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Thu Feb 23 17:16:19 UTC 2006

Brad Fuller wrote:
> Jesse Guardiani wrote:
>

>>> ...as I was saying, I have yet to find someone using XvMC without any
>>> problems.
>>>

>> I have full color OSD, no OSD stutter, and no prebuffering pauses unless
>> I'm watching LiveTV.
>> The LiveTV pauses aren't bad enough that my wife cares. They're barely
>> noticeable. It annoys *me*
>> a bit, but it's really not that bad. I think it might be a hard disk
>> issue since I'm recording and watching
>> at the same time and it doesn't happen when I'm not recording, but it
>> could be something else.
>>
>> The LiveTV stopping at show boundaries is MUCH more annoying for both of us.
>>
>> 2.93ghz celeron D w/1GB DDR RAM and w/nvidia 5200 AGP and PVR 350 for
>> recording mpeg-2.
>>
>> My new 1366x768 32" HD LCD TV arrives tomorrow, so I'm interested in
>> seeing how the increase
>> in output screen res + need for deinterlacing affects CPU usage during
>> playback with and without XvMC.
>>
>> I may add a resolution column to the xvmc wiki page.
>>

> I didn't see you mention an HD card. I assume you have one if your
> purchasing an HD TV.

:) no. I'll get one sometime late this year or next year. I bought the
LCD because I want a widescreen TV
for DVDs (yes, I know they're SD content) and I'm hoping the picture
will be as sharp as a PC monitor
so I can use it for general computing apps, like Blender3D.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at wingnet.net