[mythtv-users] XvMC on Unichrome Pro (Via Nehemiah)

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Feb 23 17:07:21 UTC 2006

Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> Christopher Yeoh wrote:
>
>> On 2/23/06, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Ah  HAH. I just noticed something.
>>> You have (like I have) the SP13000. This uses the unichrome-pro chipset.
>>>
>>> Accordingly, you should configure mythtv with all of  extra
>>> configuration switches enabled.
>>>
>>> use:   --enable-xv --enable-xvmc --enable-xvmc-vld --enable-xvmc-pro
>>> (especially the last!).
>>>

>> Yes, and you still need --enable-xvmc even if you have --enable-xvmc-pro
>> set (it took me a while to work that one out).
>>
>> Its not a bad idea to test it using an xxmc enabled xine first. At
>> least then you can separate the problem between an Xserver setup one
>> and a MythTV bug.
Can someone confirm this? If so, the wiki should be updated.

The following is a chunk of the code starting from about line 2030 in
mythtv configure.

NONE of the subsidiary switches are tested if xvmc is not set:  the else
clause just forces xvmc-vld to 'no' if xvmc is 'no'.
Not only should the wiki be updated but the 'help' code at the top of
configure should note for the xvmc-vld and xvmc-pro lines that xvmc is
required.
Geoff

*****************  mythtv configure ******************
VENDOR_XVMC_LIBS=""
if test x"$xvmc" = x"yes"; then
    xvmc="no"
    if has_library libXvMCW ; then
        CCONFIG="$CCONFIG using_xvmcw"
        VENDOR_XVMC_LIBS="-lXvMCW"
        xvmc="yes"
        if has_header X11/extensions/vldXvMC.h ; then
            echo > /dev/null
        else
            xvmc_vld="no"
        fi