[mythtv-users] Roku HD-1000

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 17:04:02 UTC 2006

Yeah, I don't think DVD player replacement was ever one of the goals for
Roku.  In fact, it has a YPrPb pass-through, to allow you to  continue using
your standalone DVD player.     Although,  if you "rip" your DVDs to a file
server, then the Roku's network media player capabilties come into play (and
you can eliminate the annoying ads, warnings, remote lockouts, etc).

Something like the Avel Linkplayer might be better if you want an HD capable
DVD player.   But, that's not going to get you the Myth frontend
capabilities.