[mythtv-users] Button feedback in Myth UI

Steve Dorsey info at dorseygraphics.com
Thu Feb 23 15:16:23 UTC 2006

On Feb 23, 2006, at 12:03 AM, Cecil Watson wrote:

> Jacob Steenhagen wrote:
>> On Wed, February 22, 2006 3:53 pm, Steve Dorsey wrote:
>>
>>>   Is there a way to assign a beep sound to the button selections in
>>> the MythTV UI? So that when I  select items in a menu, I get a
>>> "click" or "beep"? I loved this feature in my Tivo because I got
>>> audible confirmation when I pressed a button (very handy when
>>> forward-
>>> searching using 3 speeds of search).
>>

>> I was just thinking the other day how quiet MythTV is until you
>> actually
>> start watching a show. Not that it needs to be really noisy, but some
>> feedback sounds might be nice.
> What an odd statement.  If you are starting to watch a show, what more
> feedback do you need than your eyes?

The feedback would be when you press a button. When I'm fast-
forwarding through a commercial or through part fo a show, it's nice
to hear a beep letting me know that I've pressed the button and
jumped to the next level of fast-forward because it is not always
apparent on-screen. I may be in 2x FF when I want to be in 3x FF
mode. If I hear a beep when the button is pressed, I know that I'm in
teh right mode.

   This beep exists on Tivo (it is a preference - it can be shut
off). I LOVE it. My brother shut it off on his tivo - he cannot stand
it.

   To each, his own. . .