[mythtv-users] Onboard Intel sound out - getting a ticking sound

Steve Skarda steveskarda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 15:13:59 UTC 2006

On 2/22/06, Steve Dorsey <info at dorseygraphics.com> wrote:

> Hey!
>   I plugged in the spdif out, and it works without setup, and no ticking!
>
> Yay!
>
> ------------S

Did you  try AC3 passthrough?  My intel with onboard sound works through
spdif for normal 2 channel audio but not ac3.  (I had to update Alsa from
CVS in order to get the driver to recognize my spdif port though.  Even the
latest Alsa driver didn't work, had to be cvs).   I have spdif working with
ALSA:spdif set in Myth but when I check AC3 passthrough, the receiver
chatters.   The dolby light flutters alongs with the audio.  I haven't done
much troubleshooting yet other than to verify that my receiver works by
hooking it up directly to a DVD player.   I have been meaning to try mplayer
with -ac -hwac3 option but haven't had a chance yet.

-Receiver works with spdif input with or without ac3.
-Myth works with spdif - no ac3
-Myth doesn't work with ac3. Receiver audio chatters and flutters dolby
indication.

Any ideas?