[mythtv-users] No "Line In" Capture in 0.19; Sound works in Music/Videos UPDATE

reclusive monkey reclusive.monkey at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 14:20:34 UTC 2006

On 2/23/06, reclusive monkey <reclusive.monkey at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I installed Slackware, upgraded the kernel, installed the new
> kernel alsa-drivers, ran alsaconf and set the mixer levels. Installed
> TVTime, checked all was working with my TV card (Philips
> Semiconductors SAA7130) and the sound works fine using Ensoniq 5880
> Audio PCI. So went on and installed mythtv 0.19 plus plugins, no
> problems. Set things up with mythtv-setup, started mythbackend, ran
> mythfilldatabase and ran mythfrontend. First snag; no sound on "Watch
> TV". So I tried a recording, still no sound. Tried Videos, sound works
> fine (most of my videos use AC3). Tried Music with MP3's; sound fine.
> So I swapped the sound card with a Sound Blaster Live I have in my
> main PC, ran alsaconf again, still no luck.

With Juski's help, I tried pluggin my speaker cable into the TV card's
audio out. With TVTime, the sound works fine. Once TVTime is quit, the
sound is muted, when TVTime starts again, the sound is at the previous
volume. However, in MythTV, there is still no sound at all from the TV
card, with the speaker cable in the audio out of the TV card. So it
would seem that TVTime can unmute the TV card, but MythTV cannot.
--
DISCLAIMER;