[mythtv-users] Lost audio on PVR-350 in 0.19 upgrade (FC4)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Feb 23 08:30:06 UTC 2006

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 07:45:17PM -0800, G S wrote:
> A few days ago I upgraded from .18.1 to the latest .19 build from
> ATrpms. I believe I did everything I was supposed to do. I upgraded
> the kernel and everything to the latest build and then installed the
> new mythtv version. I thought the upgrade went smoothly until I
> realized that all my new recordings didn't have any
> sound. Strangely, though, all my old recordings do have sound and it
> plays. Whenever I try to do a test capture with cat /dev/video0 >
> /tmp/test.mpg the resulting file also has no sound.

This is purely ivtv matter, it has nothing to do with mythtv. Please
check

http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Howto:Fedora

Especially the section on when to use which alias lines.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net