[mythtv-users] All I Want to do is Use ALSA - 1.0.11

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Feb 23 08:08:50 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 04:38, Axel Thimm wrote:

> > > Yes - it is picking up the version you built from source yesterday or
> > > the day before.  The FC installed was found prior since it was sooner
> > > in the path than the /usr/local destination of the source compiled
> > > version.
> > >
> > > You could have just chaged your pathing to get the source version
> > > picked up first by moving /usr/local in front of /usr as well.
> >
> > You're on the right track, but not quite there. He had alsa kernel
> > modules installed from ATrpms, which go into a module path
> > (/lib/modules/$(uname -r)/updates/sound) that takes precedence over the
> > in-kernel path. Apparently, the latest FC4 kernel has alsa 1.0.11rc3
> > already included,
>
> FC4 has 1.0.10rc3 in the kernel, not 1.0.11rc3. :)

Ah, so it does... So Greg, where did you find 1.0.11rc3 on your box? Are you
sure it wasn't 1.0.10rc3? Even the latest FC5 test kernel is only 1.0.11rc2:

$ uname -r
2.6.15-1.1975_FC5

$ cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.11rc2 (Wed Jan 04
08:57:20 2006 UTC).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com