[mythtv-users] Question about Wiki

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Feb 23 03:20:40 UTC 2006

Tom Lichti wrote:
> I have a few things I'd like to add to the Wiki, but I'm not sure on the
> etiquette/guidelines. I see the style guide, but it doesn't really cover
> my concerns. The two things I want to add are:
>
> 1) In the hardware section, there is an entry for the Avermedia M179
> cards. I have 2, as well as 2 PVR 250's, and I can definitely say that
> the direct comparison of the quality is no contest, the 250 is much
> nicer. Plus, the cards were found and configured in KnoppMyth without
> any issues, I'd like to add something about that as well.
>
> 2) I just spent an hour trying to debug a problem with alsa, and
> realized the fix was a 2 second thing that I should have twigged to.
> Should it go in the knowledge base section ,or the sound cards section
> in Hardware?

It's hard to say exactly where little tidbits should go.  Certainly a
little note on the M179 page about quality compared to the PVR-250 would
be appropriate as well as perhaps a similar statement on the PVR-250
page about it's difference over an M179.  There is also a general
purpose Video Capture Cards page where this comment could also go.

As for the alsa problem, it depends on many factors.  Was it specific to
a particular audio card?  A particular version of alsa?  With so many
variables, a single page of alsa information is hard to put together.

Kevin