[mythtv-users] Myth0.19 libmythlibtv-0.19.so compilation causes gcc Internal error on Debian Etch + install info

N.E.Whiteford N.E.Whiteford at soton.ac.uk
Thu Feb 23 02:22:46 UTC 2006

Hi All,

Compiling libmythlibtv-0.19.so on Debian Etch is causing gcc to die with
the following error when compiling iso639.o

{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:5380: Warning: end of file not at end of a
line; newline inserted
g++: Internal error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
For Debian GNU/Linux specific bug reporting instructions, see
<URL:file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.0/README.Bugs>.

make: *** [iso639.o] Error 1

Compiling without -O3 seems to solve the problem (but obviously isn't
ideal). Any one else encountered this and have a better work
around? Perhaps if not someone would be kind enough to forward this
email to the developers mailing list as I'm not subscribed there. If
anyone has packages for Debian Etch that would be nice. :)

Also, I had to make a symlink from /usr/include/freetype2/freetype to
/usr/include/freetype, and after make install I need to add
/usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig for anyone else who
is trying to do the same thing.

Trying to recompile now with DVB support, is the following still the
correct thing to add to settings.pro?

# DVB support
CONFIG += using_dvb
DEFINES += USING_DVB
INCLUDEPATH += *PATH WHICH HAS /linux/dvb/frontend.h'*
DEFINES += USING_DVB_EIT

Thanks for any help,

Nav