[mythtv-users] This would make a cool Mythbox....

Mark Johannessen mfjlaw at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 00:44:25 UTC 2006

My understanding is that if a frontend is separate from the backend,
then a Mythtv frontend box that can decode HDTV (1920x1081i >
1920x1080p) from files captured on a remote backend should contain:

-  3gHz or better P4 w/ hyper threading
-  NVIDIA w/ MPEG2 hardware accelleration and XvMC (driver version 7676)
-  Nominal RAM (256mb)
-  A quite box is preferrable
-  Fast LAN connection for streaming to the frontend
-  That's it.

Since there would be no capturing on a frontend box, there would be no
need for any capture card.

Is this correct?

Mark