[mythtv-users] Xebian 0.19 packages

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 19:22:41 UTC 2006

On 2/17/06, Alexander Fisher <alexjfisher at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've recompiled Christian Marillat's mythtv 0.19 source package
> against debian stable and optimised for Pentium 3.  For those wanting
> to upgrade their xebian myth 0.18 installs to 0.19 but aren't quite
> sure how to do this, feel free to download packages from me :)
>
> Add the following to /etc/apt/sources and do an apt-get update.
> deb http://alexfisher.me.uk/debian sarge main
>
> BTW this is much less of a headache than trying to upgrade xebian to
> debian sid and installing packages direct from
> ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat.
>
> Hope this helps some people.
>
> Regards,
> Alex

Just wanted to give my thanks to Alex, I used those packages to
upgrade my XBox this weekend and it worked perfectly.

I had actually planned for my whole MythTV system to be down for a
couple of days while I worked everything out; but it probably took
less than 30 minutes to upgrade my XBox and my master backend to 0.19.
 Most of the time was spent downloading packages.