[mythtv-users] Black screen stutter

Paul V. Gratz pgratz at gratz1.com
Wed Feb 22 17:21:48 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 11:04 am, Adam Greenbaum wrote:
> Hi, (This is a repost, I sent this mail on the 20th but it seems to have
> got lost, apologies if anyone gets a dupe)
>
>   I've had the following problem for about a year when using Myth. I
> posted on a thread about 6 months ago but as far as I know there was no
> fix at the time. Has anyone experienced the same and managed to resolve it?
>
> Recordings and LiveTV experience stutter just prior to and during mostly
> black or white screens. There was a theory that it was related to the
> video bandwidth being too low for the timing at that point. There was
> also a theory that it somehow related to the contrast setting, I
> couldn't verify this.
> I get the problem on:
>
> - DVB
> - AMD64 backend (gentoo)
> - Remote frontend
> - Local frontend
> - With and without Deinterlacing
> - both mpeg decoders
> - nvidia closed source X driver using XV output
> - version ~0.18 -> 0.19
>
> Thanks in advance,

I just wanted to concur that I see the same thing with these stats:

- version .18 (havent upgraded yet, planning on it this week)
- P4 2.8GHz HT backend w/ PVR500 for recording
- 2 P4 1.6 frontends both with nvidia and closed source drivers
- Seen it on both mpeg and transcoded files
- (need any other info?)

Paul