[mythtv-users] Partly OT: Firewire changing Node ID

N Dugas normdugas at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 22 15:58:49 UTC 2006

I'm running Myth 0.18.1 on a Gentoo system.  I'm controlling a DCT6412.
  Once running, it's stable.  If I have to reboot the box, I have to
mess around with the firewire (unplug and replug, rmmod all 1394 related
modules, then modprobe raw1394).  Once thing that I notice is that
sometimes, the Node ID changes.  Sometimes, it'll be on Node 0,
sometimes on Node 1.  If test-mpeg2 doesn't want to work with either,
I'll do the dance until test-mpeg2 spits out it's thing.  Has anyone
else seen this and have they found a way to prevent this from occuring?
  Other info:
Distro: Gentoo
Kernel: 2.6.15
libiec61883: 1.0.0
IEEE 1394 hardware: nForce 2 (onboard Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe mobo)

I think this is the last niggle I have with Myth itself.  Once I've
tackled this, I need to look into X for my Samsung 27" LCD HDTV and
getting it to do 1280x768.

Norm