[mythtv-users] Firewire recording: Every OTHER one works!

Drew Zerdecki dzerdecki at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 15:11:19 UTC 2006

Hello, I have never been able to get firewire recording with my SA3250 quite right.  I am currently using 0.19, but am not using the SA3250 config in mythsetup because the channels would not change correctly.  I am using a channel changing IR blaster script.  Anyway, I schedule several programs to be recorded on local network channels (none of which are 5C).  Every other one works, while the others error with the "No Input in 15 seconds" message.

I imagine that somehow the firewire bus or configuration is reset during or at the end of the failed recording and this allows the next one to work.  I have played around with a program, 1394commander, to reset the firewire before and after the cable box channel changes, but to no avail.  I have also scipted the cable box to turn on and off before, but nothing I have tried gets me reliable recordings every time.

Any suggestions?  Also, I am interested to hear of others' experiences with the SA3250 firewire support in 0.19.

Thanks,
Drew