[mythtv-users] How do you tell XF86 to use DVI instead of VGA?

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Wed Feb 22 13:39:19 UTC 2006

I have an HDTV connected to the DVI port and a monitor connected to
the VGA, I use the monitor for the consoles and the HDTV for MythTV.
(Yeah, that sucks, but I can't get the bootsplash to work, so I'm
stuck with my TV's overscan.)  But to get MythTV on the HDTV (DVI), I
must reboot with the VGA detached.

Is there something I can put in my Xconf to tell X to start on DVI?  I
have: BusId "PCI:1:0:0" and I've tried tweaking that a few ways and it
always prevents X from starting.

Ideas?

--RB