[mythtv-users] Streaming recordings to Frontend

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Feb 22 12:52:56 UTC 2006

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 08:03:57AM +0100, Thomas Börkel wrote:

> >> Could you please also update mythtv-suite, so that it pulls in
> >> the updated packages, if you already have the older packages
> >> installed?
> >
> > That's not the way dependencies and packaging works, e.g. if an
> > updated glibc is released then you don't change each package to
> > required the latest glibc.
> >
> > The proper way to deal with this is to simply upgrade your system,
> > e.g. use apt-get dist-upgrade instead of apt-get install mythtv-suite
> > or similar for smart and yum.
>
> I only want to update the mythtv packages, not the whole system. I
> guess, I'll use synaptic then.

Then you need to check each package and decide for yourself whether it
suits your system's setup (e.g. pure mythtv box) or not. Not all
dependencies are obvious. Just to give an example, mythtv-suite
depends on all of these (not all are ATrpms, some are from the
distribution):

# apt-get install mythtv-suite
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done

ImageMagick SDL aalib apr apr-util arts aspell aspell-en atk atrpms
audiofile cdparanoia-libs chkfontpath compat-libstdc++-33 cups-libs
curl cyrus-sasl cyrus-sasl-md5 desktop-backgrounds-basic
desktop-file-utils esound faad2 fedora-logos ffmpeg fftw2-single
fontconfig fonts-xorg-base freeglut freetype fribidi gamin gd
gdk-pixbuf ghostscript ghostscript-fonts glib glib2 gmp gpm gtk+ gtk2
hicolor-icon-theme httpd imlib2 kakasi kakasi-dict kdelibs lame
libFLAC7 libXvMCW liba52_0 libart_lgpl libasound2 libavc1394_0
libavcodec51 libavformat50 libavutil49 libcdaudio libdc1394_control13
libdv4 libdvdcss libdvdnav4 libdvdread libexif libfame libgcrypt11
libgd2 libghttp libglib-2.0_0 libgmodule-2.0_0 libgobject-2.0_0
libgpg-error libgthread-2.0_0 libid3tag libidn libiec61883_0 libjpeg
libmad0 libmng libmpeg2_0 libmpeg2convert0 libmyth libogg
libpango-1.0_0 libpangoft2-1.0_0 libpangox-1.0_0 libpangoxft-1.0_0
libpng libpostproc libpostproc51 libquicktime0 libraw1394_8 libtheora
libtiff libtool-ltdl libungif libvorbis0 libvorbisenc2 libvorbisfile3
libwmf libxml2 libxml2_2 libxslt libxvidcore4 lirc-lib lzo mailcap
mjpegtools mplayer mplayer-fonts mysql mysql-server mythbrowser
mythcontrols mythdvd mythflix mythgallery mythgame mythmkmovie
mythmusic mythnews mythphone mythplugins myththemes mythtv
mythtv-backend mythtv-frontend mythtv-setup mythtv-theme-MediaCenter
mythtv-theme-MythCenter mythtv-theme-ProjectGrayhem mythtv-theme-Retro
mythtv-theme-abstract mythtv-theme-isthmus mythtv-theme-photo
mythtv-theme-purplegalaxy mythtv-theme-sleek mythtv-theme-visor
mythtv-themes mythvideo mythweather mythweb openldap pango
perl-Archive-Zip perl-Class-MethodMaker perl-Compress-Zlib perl-Curses
perl-DBD-MySQL perl-DBI perl-DateManip perl-HTML-Parser
perl-HTML-TableExtract perl-HTML-Tagset perl-HTML-Tree
perl-HTTP-Cache-Transparent perl-HTTP-GHTTP perl-IO-stringy
perl-Lingua-Preferred perl-MIME-Lite perl-SOAP-Lite
perl-Term-ProgressBar perl-TermReadKey perl-Text-Kakasi perl-Tk
perl-Tk-TableMatrix perl-URI perl-WWW-Mechanize perl-XML-LibXML
perl-XML-LibXML-Common perl-XML-NamespaceSupport perl-XML-Parser
perl-XML-SAX perl-XML-Simple perl-XML-Twig perl-XML-Writer perl-XMLTV
perl-libwww-perl php php-mysql php-pear qt qt-MySQL redhat-artwork
redhat-menus samba-common transcode ttmkfdir urw-fonts utempter wget
xinitrc xmltv xmltv-grabbers xmltv-gui xorg-x11 xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL
xorg-x11-Mesa-libGLU xorg-x11-font-utils xorg-x11-libs xorg-x11-xauth
xorg-x11-xfs xterm

> Any idea when you will update the packages again? There was one
> particular fix recently, that I'd like to have.

The package were just recently updated, so perhaps they already
contain the fix you're after? Otherwise check the package date and the
date of the commit to see whether it was after the packages' creation.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net