[mythtv-users] MythTV logo as a vector graphic

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 08:16:38 UTC 2006

On 2/22/06, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22/02/06, Bryan Halter <bhalter at armyofpenguins.com> wrote:
> > bump
>
> Pardon my ognorance, but I've seen people write "bump' and always
> wonder what the hell it means! What does it mean?

It's comes from web-based message boards, which are generally sorted
by the date of the last message. Basically it's just a message used to
keep a thread active and therefore near the top of the forum (i.e. a
message to bump a thread back to the top).

Personally I think it's inappropriate on a mailing list where everyone
subscribed has already received a copy of the original message. If
people haven't replied it's because they don't have anything to say on
the matter and probably not because they didn't see it.

Steve