[mythtv-users] Transcode from MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder -> MPEG-4

Rickard Borgmäster doktorn at sub.nu
Wed Feb 22 08:14:39 UTC 2006

Myles Eftos wrote:
>> You've compiled with --disable-audio-oss.  I don't think that will work.
>
> I just had the same problem and removing the --disable-audio-oss flag
> fixes it nicely. You can still use ALSA native for everything else.

Indeed I've compiled with -oss (Gentoo ebuild) as I've never come across
anything else that actually needs OSS support in my HTPC. ALSA seems to
be good enough to stand on it's own legs without OSS backing it up.
Therefore one would think it's just sane to omit OSS.

Anyways. I have no traces of OSS whatsoever in my system, so just
recompiling transcode (or what software are you referring to that should
be recompiled with OSS support?) and enabling maybe isn't gonna work.

Best regards
Rickard Borgmäster