[mythtv-users] Transcode from MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder -> MPEG-4

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Feb 22 05:26:40 UTC 2006

On 02/22/2006 12:16 AM, Myles Eftos wrote:

>>You've compiled with --disable-audio-oss.  I don't think that will work.
>>
>I just had the same problem and removing the --disable-audio-oss flag
>fixes it nicely. You can still use ALSA native for everything else.

Yeah, IMHO, --disable-audio-oss should come with a warning like
--disable-frontend and --disable-backend because a lot of people are
using it and think it's a good thing...

Either that, or we should have a pop quiz during configure when these
and other "suspect" options are specified by the user.  Users scoring
<50% get the recommended default configure options, users scoring 50% to
90% get 1 "suspect" option (chosen based on which questions were
answered properly), and users scoring >90% get to use all the weird
options they want.

Mike