[mythtv-users] installing Knoppmyth with a TV attached - good idea?

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Wed Feb 22 03:33:11 UTC 2006

This is actually probably the best approach.  Especially if you have
another box that you can use to do your managements/tweaks over ssh.
You will probably spend a few hours tweaking your modelines for the
TV.  TVs have overscan and blah blah... it sucks to be unable to see
your prompt.

So I say go for it just as you planned.  I will, however, offer this
piece of advice.
Define some shell scripts and drop them in your $PATH.  If you can
save yourself from typing the long versions of the comands, you won't
notice how much crap you are going through.

Here are the ones I'm using the most right now:
root at mythtv:/home/mythtv# cat `which xrestart`
/etc/init.d/gdm stop; /etc/init.d/gdm start;
root at mythtv:/home/mythtv# cat `which xconfigure`
vim /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

Simple pleasures.