[mythtv-users] Blending/spanning two crt projectors using myth and nvidia nview

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 02:00:57 UTC 2006

On 2/21/06, Greg Oliver <goliver at cistera.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 20:41 -0500, Gene Stapp wrote:
> > The hardware option runs around $17k :)  I'm pretty sure I can do this
> > through this setup. I think dual SLI might be the only way to go... but
> > a quadro card should have no problem driving two 540p screens so I'll
> > look at that as an option...
> > Yeah I think my biggest obstacle is going to be alignment but that is
> > doable with the blanking and adjustment options the crt's have... it be
> > a lot easier to do with an lcd projector though... thanks for the input
> > so far. If I get this working I'll take some high megapixel digital
> > pictures and put them up on the web :)
>

> I have a Ti4200 which can drive 1 display @ 1600x1200 and another at
> 1280x1024 simultaneously.  Watch a DVD on one and games on another have
> no band width issues on an AGP 4x bus.
>
> -Greg

:Drool:

Relating to your response and the original posters:

Can I do both with little user interaction?

I've always had the dilemma of wanting to play games/watch shows while
my wife wants to watch something else or watch a show while I play
games.  We usually solve it by me watching something she wants to
watch ;)  I'd really like to have something like you guys are
discussing.  Have 2 front projectors (overhead preferably) displaying
1 image across my entire wall without any break where the 2 output's
merge.  And then, an hour later, watch one half the wall, while the
other half displays my xbox game :)

Any ideas?  And like the original poster, something under the $17k
range would be cool.

Chad