[mythtv-users] How to scan for channels

Jimmy Hedman jimmy.hedman at southpole.se
Tue Feb 21 21:21:31 UTC 2006

tis 2006-02-21 klockan 21:36 +0200 skrev Otto Kolsi:
> > My mythtv 0.19 does not find any channels.
> >
> > I tried to report it as a bug, but danielk insists to close it as
> > invalid, so perhaps it's a feature. I was referred to ask for help
> > from here.
> >
> > The problem is explained here:
> > http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1339
> >
> > Am I alone with this problem?
>
> No, you're not alone. I have exactly the same issue (DVB-T, also in
> Finland). Myth cannot find any channels, what ever you do. But if you
> import working channel.conf everything is okay. So there are some
> problems in tuning.
I have almost the same problem (not in Finland but in Sweden), the
channels could not be found when seeking. But, in my case it won't work
even when importing the channels! scan finds the channels and can create
channel.conf that works fine with tzap and dvbstream but i never get any
lock in MythTV with the imported channels.conf. I've tried to increase
the timemouts to 20000ms with no luck.
Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?