[mythtv-users] XFS crash

Trey Boudreau trey at treysoft.com
Tue Feb 21 19:27:39 UTC 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 10:32:54AM -0800, yan seiner wrote:

> Tim Tait wrote:
>
> >Maybe you are having memory error problems?
> >

> Possibly....  Though the rest of the system is absolutely stable and the
> memory is ECC memory.
>
> I've converted everything to JFS; we'll see if that pukes.  In the
> meantime I am keeping my backup on an external USB drive....

I had similar problems using XFS on a 3ware RAID5 device.  Sometimes it
would run for a few days, other times it would lock up a couple of times
in an hour.  It turned out that I had a flakey motherboard.  A week or
so ago I swapped out a Gigabyte GA7PDXDW+ for a Tyan Tiger MPX S2466 and
haven't had a glitch yet.  I also have a Tyan Thunder S2882G3NR-D that
works flawlessly using XFS and an Areca ARC-1120 RAID5 setup.  I've
decided that, at least for server motherboards, I'll stick with Tyan
from now on.

-- Trey