[mythtv-users] All I Want to do is Use ALSA - 1.0.11

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Feb 21 11:28:58 UTC 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 01:25:13AM -0500, Michael Haan wrote:
> Yes, that is my issue as well.  cat /proc/asound/version still returns
> 1.0.10.  I could wait for 1.0.11 to be released (and packaged by the ever
> efficient Axel), but who knows when that will be...  arg!

Currently the most easiest, fastest, efficient and "safest" way to use
Fedora Core, ATrpms, mythtv and alsa 1.0.11rc3 is to install FC5test3
and install mythtv from ATrpms' FC5 repo on it.

The backside is that this may eat your harddisk contents and your
dog, and that you'll have to reinstall in 4 weeks time (never upgrade
from a test release to the final bits), so you better keep notes on
how you did it, should you go FC5 (and maybe give the dog to the
neighbours to watch over him for a couple of days).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net