[mythtv-users] Color banding in mythfrontend preview window

Patrick Wagstrom wagspat at iit.edu
Tue Feb 21 02:39:03 UTC 2006

> I just upgraded to the atrpms.net .19 package and have noticed that
> the
> colors in the mythfrontend preview window are distorted.  There are
> diagonal
> color bands appearing now that were not there in .18.1.  Here's a
> picture of
> what I'm talking about:
>
> http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=colorbands8df.png
>
> The banding doesn't appear once I begin watching the recording
> full-screen.
>
> I'm running FC3 with the nvidia 7676 drivers.  I've googled around
> quite a
> bit on this one and haven't found anyone else with the same problem.

I'm experiencing the same thing on my Athlon64 using packages I compiled
myself.  I've got an nVidia 6600 for my video card using the 8178 series
of drivers (yeah, I know, asking for trouble).   I just assumed it was
my drivers, and decided to suck it up because I can still tell what's
going on in the previews.  Guess not now.

--Patrick