[mythtv-users] Closed captioning support in 0.19

Daniel A. Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Tue Feb 21 01:30:47 UTC 2006

Brian wrote:

>So, the question is -- have I missed setting up something on the card, via
>ivtvctl, or am I doing something wrong (the documentation for this feature
>is sparse/non-existant) in Myth to get the closed captioning to appear, or
>am I doing everything exactly right, but things aren't working anyway?

If you are using the PVR-350's native MPEG decoder (i.e. you have the
correct box checked in Setup) then you need to use the CC decoder on
your TV to view the captions, not the built-in decode in MythTV. If you
are using XV instead you can use Myth's CC decoder, but you need to
specify the correct type in myth-setup before you start your frontend.

Daniel