[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth, too good to be true?

Blake blake at kingdomrpg.com
Mon Feb 20 19:19:10 UTC 2006

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:07:59 -0800, yan seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:

> Blake wrote:
>
>> Hmmm. This is a pretty run-of-the-mill 64MB GeForce. The thing that
>> kills
>> me is that I had it working once, sort of.
>>

> Is your monitor syncing correctly to whatever the card is putting out?
>
> I know my TV won't sync to anything but a very narrow range of singals;
> otherwise it is completely black.

Dunno. Basically, I installed using a computer monitor (while the TV was
hooked up to S-Video), and when the installation is just ready to go into
the GUI, the monitor goes black. It's possible that it's trying to get to
the TV at that point, but since I can't get a command prompt, I'm kind of
stuck.

I tried installing just using the TV but the image rolls and is distorted
(sounds like a sync problem there).