[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth, too good to be true?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 19:11:10 UTC 2006

On 2/20/06, Steve Dorsey <info at dorseygraphics.com> wrote:
> I have a P4 3.4 GHz system on an Intel motherboard with an Nvidia
> 6800 (256MB RAM) video card - PCIE. 1GB RAM, 3 SATA HDs, 2 IDE HDs,
> and 2 DVD burners. Onboard Intel Ethernet and sound.
>
>    Is this a good setup for KnoppMyth?
>
> -------------------S

the big thing is 'is your hardware compatible'?  most new hardware
will work 'out of the box'.  when i built my system i checked out the
KnoppMyth Forums [1] and KnoppMyth Wiki [2] to find compatible
hardware before i began.  since you already have hardware you could
confirm that others have gotten it to work.  but most likely you won't
have any problems.  i do believe SATA drives will require a 'manual
install'.  but that shouldn't be a big deal if you follow the notes in
the Wiki or on the forum.
good luck :)

1 - KnoppMyth Forum: http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/
2 - KnoppMyth Wiki: http://knoppmythwiki.org/