[mythtv-users] 0.19 Closed Captions and PVR-250

Dylan Keon dbkeon.ml at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 17:18:50 UTC 2006

On 02/20/2006 08:48 AM, James Orr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw in the release notes that closed captioning is now supported in
> the PVR-250.
>
> How do you get this working?
>
> I checked myth setup, I am set on NTSC for closed captions.  The setup
> for the individual cards does not have an option for a VBI device.
>
> When I hit "T" during playback or live tv I see "CC1"/"CC off" toggle on
> the screen, but nothing other than that happens.

I tried the same thing over the weekend with a PVR-250 and had success
when watching the Olympics, simply by toggling the T key.  I tried other
shows (Daily Show, couple of kids shows) with no success.  I'm using the
latest ATrpms version on FC3.

When watching the Olympics with CC1 on I noticed quite a pause between
what the announcers were saying and the text that was displayed on the
screen.  If you're watching with the sound off it would be ok, but if
you're using CC1 as a "backup" to help you follow the show (my wife
likes to do this), it's less usable.

Anyone know if there's a setting to alter the color/style of the CC1 text?

--Dylan