[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV out will not work with X

Kurt Adair kurt.adair at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 16:39:57 UTC 2006

Hey,

I can play a file using dd to /dev/video16 and it shows up on the tv but
when I tried to changing xorg.conf via the mythtv howto at
wilsonet.comnothing displays on the tv.  I get the following errors
starting x:

 (EE) IVTVDEV_TST(0)Framebuffer id from dev /dev/fb1is 1
 (EE) IVTVDEV_TST(0)open /dev/video48 returned  8
 (EE) IVTVDEV_TST(0)get_fb returned  0 fbid 1

I looked at a bug report with this error in it and it said something about a
bug with SMP support.  I am using SMP on a quad proc (4 x 500) box so I can
not disable hyperthreading as the bug report suggested.  Is there a better
xorg.conf configuration that will work with SMP?

Thanks,
Kurt