[mythtv-users] problems with tvtoday grabber and mythfilldatabase --manual

lau.ent at gmx.ch lau.ent at gmx.ch
Mon Feb 20 09:53:35 UTC 2006

Hi

I'm new to mythtv and installed everything as per howto on my suse linux
10.0 with WinPVR 350. MythTV v0.19.

I'm now having problem configuring the video sources. As I live in
Switzerland I selected the grabber for Germany (tvtoday) and channel
frequency table for europe-west. When I click 'next' on the screen I got the
follwing message:

"You MUST run 'mythfilldatabase --manual the first time. Instead of just
'mythfilldatabase'. Your grabber does not provide channel numbers, so you
have to set them manually."

When I excecute 'mythfilldatabase --manual' from the console I get following
error message:

Error in 4:201: unexpected end of file
2006-02-20 10:00:03.826 Updating icons for sourceid: 1
Updated programs: 0  Unchanged programs: 0
2006-02-20 10:00:03.828 Checking day @ offset 6, date: Sun Feb 26 2006
2006-02-20 10:00:03.830 Data refresh needed because no data exists for day @
offset 6 from 6PM - midnight.
2006-02-20 10:00:03.830 Refreshing data for Sun Feb 26 2006
2006-02-20 10:00:03.830 ----------------- Start of XMLTV output
getting list of channels
grabbing
Died at /usr/bin/tv_grab_de_tvtoday line 683.
2006-02-20 10:00:14.334 ------------------ End of XMLTV output

What can I do next so I get MythTV working?
Thanks for your help