[mythtv-users] Streaming recordings to Frontend

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon Feb 20 02:00:01 UTC 2006

Rick wrote:
> I was using NFS prior to upgrading to 0.19, livetv and recordings worked
> fine.  After the upgrade to 0.19 livetv on my frontend was unuseable due
> to constant prebuffering pauses, recorded programs worked just fine.
> So, I stopped using NFS and now livetv on the frontend works flawlessly
> but recorded programs won't play at all, complaining about file
> /video/recordings/etc. being missing.  Is there a setting somewhere in
> the backend or frontend I'm missing.  If livetv works then shouldn't
> recorded programs also work as they are both streaming out of the same
> directory.
I'm pretty sure this fix: http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/9039
is what you're looking for.  This was recently commited to the
release-0.19-fixes branch and I think Axel is updating the RPMs he
distributes with this as well.  If you compiled from source, apply the
patch or update from SVN on that branch and see if it fixes things for you.

Kevin