[mythtv-users] Configuring Mythtv remotely

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 22:50:15 UTC 2006

> Is it possible to configure mythtv via an ssh session, maybe using
> mysql?  My mythbox is connected to my TV so whenever I need to run
> mythtv-setup (which thankfully isn't too often), I have to hook a
> keyboard up to it and manually run the setup program.  It would be
> much easier if I could change configuration options remotely.

2 easy options I can suggest:

1) Set VNC in xorg.conf and run a VNC client to connect to the MythTV
box. You can then use the keyboard and mouse from a remote PC to
configure MythTV.

2) Install Xming on a remote PC and tell it to log into your MythTV
box and run mythtv-setup which will be displayed on the remote PC.

Regards,
Phill