[mythtv-users] Configuring Mythtv remotely

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Feb 19 22:37:23 UTC 2006

You can run X remotely.

Make sure your box you're SSHing from has an X Server (cygwin on
Windows, X11 on OS X or Linux has it built in).
In your X terminal, type xhost + to allow remote X connections.

ssh user at mythbox
export DISPLAY=remotebox:0.0

Now when you launch an application that uses the display from your
ssh session, it will run the display on your remote machine.