[mythtv-users] MythTV and nxtvepgd

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 17:06:24 UTC 2006

--- Thomas N�tges <Thomas.Noetges at Web.De> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I want to use nxtvepgd and MythTV together. There
> seems to be a problem:
> When I run nxtvepgd and "mythbackend", everything's
> fine. When I then
> start "mythfrontend" and want to watch TV, I cannot.
> This is due to
> nxtvepgd (I suppose something with the vbi-device).
> When I terminate
> nxtvepgd I can watch TV.
>
> Is there a possibility to use nxtvepg and MythTV
> together? Can I switch
> of the vbi-using in MythTV (I do not need this).
>
> Kind regards
>
> Thomas

While I've never tried this nxtvepg program (I live in
the United States), my guess is that it wants
exclusive access to the capture card.  When MythTV
wants to record (watching TV is the same as
recording), it wants exclusive access to the capture
card.  Thus, you can't run then both at the same time.

You'll probably have to buy another capture card and
leave it dedicated to nxtvepg usage only.

-- Joe