[mythtv-users] Someone stole my config box!!

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Feb 19 05:45:12 UTC 2006

> On 02/18/2006 08:33 PM, Robin Gilks wrote:
>> Well at least the last time I ran mythtv-setup I could put the external
>> channel change command into a box in Input Connections but now its
>> gone!!
>> This means I can't change channel on my sat box :-(
>>
>> This is on SVN r9030 so has there been a change of setup xml files that
>> I've got out of step with?
>>

> It's still there (
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videosource.cpp?rev=9048#L1281
> ) on the "Connect source to input" page (
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/videosource.cpp?rev=9048#L1399
> --see line 1410 )...
>
> Mike

Hi Mike

I'd already grep'ed the source and found the references, nothing comes up
on the input connection page though - hence wondering if setup is themed
and hence requires a bunch of xml files that I may have missed installing.

Not a great problem for me as I just hacked the database directly but I
was wondering if I'm alone in not having a box to actually enter this data
during the setup.

Another mystery to me is why I have to run mythtv-setup on the box the
backend is resident on. Once the sql server address is known, everything
is held in the database so it would be nice to be able to fiddle with
stuff on a box that has a keyboard (i.e. on my master backend for
example). Just a thought...

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks