[mythtv-users] the US being, considerably less urbanized than either Australia or Britain

John Andersen jsamyth at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 04:14:54 UTC 2006

On 2/18/06, ffrr <ffrr at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> Really?  Take a look at land mass and populations of Australia vs USA.
> I might be wrong, but I can't see how Australia can be more 'urbanised'

In North America, people live in the country to a higher degree than
in Australia.
The density per sq mile in rural areas is way higher in the US than in
Oz, or even Canada.

Google earth is your friend.  Point it to any random spot that would
qualify under your definition of the boondocks in the US and zoom in.
Unless its desert, you will likely find someone living within a mile.
(Alaska excepted).